Sonntag, 2. September 2012

Fall into Autumn 1: Back to School

Hi everyone~

Starting today, I'm going to participate in the newest challenge that the ladies from my challenge facebook group came up with. It's called Fall into Autumn and is going to be a fall themed challenge. It's the third challenge by this facebook group I'm going to participate in and I'm sure it'll be just as awesome as the two before. A lot of the former participants are going to join in again, as are a couple of newcomers. I can't wait to see what everybody is going to come up with.


 The first theme is Back to School... which I can't really relate to anymore. There are a couple of things you see a lot for this kind of theme, so I was thinking if there wasn't something about going to school that's special for Germany. What I came up with are Schultüten. When children enter first grade they are usually presented with a huge cardboard cone filled with all kinds of sweets, toys, etc. I googled for pictures a while a found a couple of Schultüten, that had pretty geometrical prints. On my ringfinger, I originally wanted to paint a cartoon character, which is something commonly seen on Schultüten. But my hand was quite unsteady, so I decided on a couple of numbers and letters instead.




The main colors for the geometric design are

OPI Green-wich Village
Manhattan 51K
essence Stairway to Heaven

The stripes and dots were painted using the above mentioned and
essie French Affair
OPI Stranger Tides
white acrylic paint





The base for my ringfinger is OPI Stranger Tides again. I painted the letters and numbers with white acrylic paint and outlined them with the above mentioned colors and Color Club Red-ical Gypsy. As usual, my topcoat was essence BTGN Top Sealer.

I'm not very happy with how this turned out. It's colorful. I like that, but in the end, it didn't remind me very much of a Schultüte... And I really hated myself for having such an unsteady hand that day. Oh well. I'm liking the outcome of theme 2 a lot better. :D

So far, the challenge has fourteen participants and here are the links to their respective blogs:

Stephanie Oblas A Little Polish 
Sue O'Connor Creative Nail Design by Sue
Hannah Fabiny Polished Prisms
Katee Baum A Girl and her Polish
Ashley Rowlands-Vanderzande One Nail to Another 
Karine Assemien Karinea0a
Charlotte-Louise Bennett  Charlottes Nails
Alyson Epstein Beads Nails Food
Sharra Farivar The Blahg
Maribeth Obsessive Cosmetic Hoarders Unite
Becky Barnett Glamfiend
Angie Moore OurPaintedWorld
Sarah Jürgens Dakila's

4 Kommentare:

  1. love it! I'm going to do something related to my country too!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. So colourful and eye-catching! Mine is definitely boring by comparison.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. It's cute and something new. I really tried to come up with something original but I don't think we have customs like that here in the states. These days, kids are having issues just getting books.

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...