Dienstag, 28. Januar 2014

TNCC - Inspired by Art - #4

Hello!

Today, I have my final art inspired manicure to show you.

This one is a bit different from the other manis I've done so far. Instead of an actual painting, I used a doodle I saved to my inspiration folder quite some time ago. It's a doodle by Laynie from LaynieFingers. She's suffering from fibromyalgia, a disease characterized by chronic pain in the muscles and connected tissue. Back in 2012, when things were quite bad apparently, she posted a lot of doodles instead of nail art. Doodling was a way of pain management for her. I find those doodles just as inspiring as regular nail art though. I can somewhat relate to what Laynie's going through, because my mom suffers from fibromyalgia too. Luckily, her's isn't as bad. Going through my inspiration folder I stumbled upon those doodles and decided to turn one of them into the inspiration for my fourth art inspired manicure.

You can find Laynie's original doodle here.




First of all, I sponged a yellow to white gradient onto my nails. The white part looked way to harsh without any further nail art, so I covered more and more with yellow to make it more soft looking - but with the black doodle on top, I can barely tell I used any white... Meh. No idea what polishes I used for this part! I'm guessing my go-to Color Club white, and unnamed yellow from beauty uk and OPI The IT-Color.

For the doodle, I used the black nail art pen from Born Pretty Store. It's my first time using it and I think it's okay. I wish the tip was a little finer. It smudges easily though and of course, I managed to smudge it while applying topcoat.

I didn't even notice that I did two consecutive manicures involving a lot of yellow until I sorted my pictures. And I don't even use yellow a lot... Something my unconscious mind wants to tell me!?

My final verdict: doodling is a lot harder than it seems!
And, thanks for reading, of course! ^^

8 Kommentare:

  1. Oha...das ist mal was für mich. Ich glaube ich muß nochmal bei Dir mopsen, wenn Du gestattest. Bin gespannt, was dann bei mir rauskommt - falls was dabei rauskommt ;D.
    Tolles Nailart.

    Liebe Grüße,
    Elena

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Natürlich sei dir das gestattet - hab ja selbst gemopst :P

      LG

      Löschen
    2. Ich habs schon ausprobiert. Da ich zu faul war, die Acrylfarben aus dem Schrank zu holen, allerdings mit einem Fineliner. Nicht ganz so filigran wie Deines, aber sah cool aus ;o).

      Löschen
    3. Aber auf dem Blog hab ich es noch nicht gesehen?
      Ich hab ja quasi auch einen Fineliner benutzt... diese Nailart-Stifte halt. Sehr ungewohntes Gefühl finde ich!

      Löschen
  2. That turned out fabulous! I really admire your steady hand, I don;t think I would have been able to do this on my own nails. And Laynie, she is one of my fav bloggers, such a sweetheart <3

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you Cel! I'm glad you like it. Also, it makes me happy that someone else is following this talented girl!

      Löschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...