Samstag, 28. April 2012

Gilded Cherry Blossoms

A few days ago, I decided on a nail design that was actually not part of the Spring Challenge. I just had to do a cherry blossoms design. I love cherry blossoms so much and their time for this year is almost over. So I decided to do this instead of the next Spring Challenge theme.

Also, I decided to enter a nail art contest with this one. If you like it, I would be more than happy if you would head over to Mada from Happy Nails and vote for my design. It's Number 8, btw.

First of all, the picture I sent to Mada to enter her contest.


Instead of a classic pink and white design, I decided to use one of my newly bought polishes, essence Mojito Green, as my base color. Then I applied this beautiful gold glitter polish I bought in Japan. I wish the glitter was a bit more dense, but it's meant to create a gradient, so I guess it's fine. Using white and pink acrylics, I painted my flowers. At first, I attempted to do them using the one stroke technique, but that didn't work as I wanted it to. (Hence the weird flower on my ring finger) After one coat of essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer, I applied some microbeads in the center of the flowers.

I took the above picture before the second coat of top sealer, because I anticipated that they would start bleeding again... Well, they did. But this time, I actually liked the effect. It's like subtle yellowish gradient around them that blends quite well into the pink.


This is a picture of my right hand. I just thought it turned out quite pretty as well, so I took some pictures. I'm slowly getting better at painting with my left hand. This, too, was taken before the second coat of top sealer.

Only sad thing was the weather. All rainy and dark, so I didn't get a chance to take color accurate pictures. Both pictures above were taken under my desk light.

But! This very morning it's sunny outside! And actually super hot already. So here's a picture under sunlight. Excuse the tip wear please, as this was taken on day 4!



Mojito Green appears a little bit to light in this picture. Just imagine it a little more intense and that's what it really looks like. Very pretty color in my opinion. I'll show some proper swatches soon.

Ok, of to work now~ Have a great weekend!

9 Kommentare:

  1. This is so pretty, I love it! Your nail art skills are really impressive :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Oh Wow, das ist wirklich wunderschön geworden :D!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. wow.. das sieht wirklich richtig toll aus! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. These are so pretty and delicate. The gold glitter against the blue background makes it even more stunning. I love this!

    I also wanted to let you know Kayono that you've been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award over at Polished Prisms. I'm so sorry if you've completed it before! If so just ignore me :P

    http://polished-prisms.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award-take-2.html

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Okay. I'm in LOVE with this design, it's perfect. Your flowers are beautifully done, I wish I could do something even similar. I send you my congratulations, Lady!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Wow! This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I'm a new follower, would love if you would please follow me on my blog aswell! : )

    http://myprettynailz.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...